What's the process?
Below is the overall flow of events as you pursue a placement with Newfoundland Personnel.
- First step is always to register as a Newfoundland Personnel candidate, whether you choose to apply to a specific position or to register as a general candidate. Note that many positions may be kept confidential, so registering as a general candidate is always a good way to tap into the hidden job market.
- Your local recruiter will contact you to schedule a pre-screening. This is usually the initial interview with a recruiter to get a sense of what kinds of jobs you'd be interested in, what your personality is like, what your strong suits are, etc. You may be asked to complete some straight-forward materials, such as completing your WHMIS certification.
- Employee testing and assessments
- Depending on the positions available, we may ask you to complete some employee tests with our specialized software. For instance, if the position on-hand requires proficiency in Excel and Simply Accounting, we will have assessments for such skills. This will help us match your skill sets to various employers we are working with.
- Depending on the client's needs, you could be asked to attend an interview with the host organization.
- Reference checks, police checks, etc.
- Assuming everything is going smoothly, we will run references checkes, police checks (if applicable), etc. to ensure that all of the paperwork is in order.
- Job offer